Workshop B2: WordPress Beyond the Basics
Instructor: Michael Tedeschi, Interactive Mechanics
Time: 11:00am — 12:45pm
- The Power of WordPress (10 minutes)
- Creating a Custom Theme (30 minutes)
- Using Advanced Plugins for Content and Mobile (20 minutes)
- Q/A and Working Session (30 minutes)
Go under the hood of WordPress and build a custom theme. Use some advanced plugins to build more robust websites and integrate mobile support for your WordPress site.
Technical Requirements: Attendees should bring a laptop and install MAMP or WAMP beforehand, download the latest version of WordPress (3.6.1) beforehand, as well as come with an idea for a project or have a local copy of an existing project to work on during this session. WordPress Essentials attendees can use their projects as a starting point for this workshop.
- Windows: http://www.wampserver.com/en/
- Pick version 2.4 for 32-bit or 64-bit depending on your machine.
- You will be required to install the Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package x86 or x64 first if you don’t already have it.
- WAMP Windows Installation Instructions
- WordPress: Download the latest version in preparation for the workshop. (3.6.1) – http://wordpress.org/download/
Note: Workshop B2 is a continuation of Workshop B1, but it is not necessary to attend both sessions — each can stand alone.